Installing apps.. VCD's and getting online!

Saverio D'Agostino yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:41:25 +0100

Hello all,

I'm now at the stage where my installation has gone smoothly, and my
preferences are set up, and now I have two situations:

I have set up Kppp to operate my dial up connection,  but I have also a
broadband connection which I would like to enable. - how do I do this?

It runs from the dsl router via an ethernet.  Startup process tells me that
it sees the cable, but more than that, I am clueless!  where do I begin.

Situation 2:

I want to download applications, I have been onto the yum website, and am
lost at what to download!

Also once I do succeed, how does one install the applications?

I have Blender on a cover CD, and I would really like to install it.

Also, does YDL come with a dvd player, I actually have some VCD's which I'd
like to play.

Thanks :-)