Should I wait for ydl v4?

Dennis McCuddy yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:20:06 -0500

Hi all,

I'm completely new to Linux, but I decided to do some reading and give
it a try. I've got a 1.25GHz iMac G4 with 256MB RAM, and downloaded the
images for the 3 install disks for v3.0.1. After creating a partition
for Linux with Volumeworks, I ran the install disks, but toward the end
I started getting some questions about my external Firewire and USB
devices. Frankly, I got scared that a was going to mess up a working
machine and have to hear the complaints of the rest of my family, so I
stopped the whole process. I'm thinking that at this point I should
wait for v4, since my hardware is all fairly new. Does anyone know how
far off v4 is from release, and does my tentative plan to wait before
taking the plunge into Linux make any sense?

Thanks for reading my letter and all opinions are welcome.

Dennis