What's the reason for Yellow Dog?

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:01:27 -0400

On 9/19/04 12:55 AM, "ivan low" <visional_freeman@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ivan,

I have a 500MHz slot-loading iMac running Mac OS X 10.3.5 -- and while it is
not as fast as Mac OS 9, it is fully supported. Mac OS X has been my default
OS for some time (about 3 years), but I'm thinking of switching totally to
YDL. I do have some questions for the list, though.

How easy is it to upgrade KDE and Gnome to their latest versions without
compiling the monsters myself? (I just want to yum upgrade and get the
window environments installed.) The version of Gnome that came with YDL
3.0.1 included the date 'bug' which drove me nuts.

The same question for Thunderbird and Firefox.

Does the YDL wiki have instructions on getting sound (both system and CD
audio) for Gnome and KDE? I recently spent hours Googling for the answer and
only chased links around and around.

Thanks.

Ed