USB to ethernet adapters and macs

Oscar G.Maldonado Cotero ogmcotero at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Sep 22 09:44:35 MDT 2004

El 22/09/2004, a las 05:37 AM, Derick Centeno escribió:

>> My poor G3/900 ibook had an encounter w/ a small child..who likes to
>> pull on ethernet cables... :-(
>>
> You could ban the child from the home and have the parents either
> flogged or have them at least pay the cost of repairs or you could
> deduct repair costs from the child's future allowance which he/she
> would
> have had as a teen.  If you can't ban the child from the home then at
> least ban him/her from your room (until he/she is 22 and then send
> him/her off to their own life) or office where the computer equipment
> is.  Either way, they'll never return!  Problem solved.
>
> I guess it shows I'm neither a parent or grandparent.

Uh ?

>> I run MacOS 9.2/10.2 and YDL 3.0.1 and now I have no ethernet...

What's this all about ?

>> Is anyone aware of any USB to ethernet adapters that have drivers for
>> macs/YDL?
>>

> USB is easily recognized by Linux and YDL is no different there.
>
> If the ethernet port is destroyed; the kid being lucky he didn't fry
> himself in the process...you could get a PCI ethernet card...Other
> World
> Computing has an interesting selection for a decent price.

Did you read the beginning of the Chistopher's mail ? He has an iBook,
so he never will be able to plug a PCI card inside of it.

Look, I don't want to be seen as a crude person on the list, but I
think that most of the comments here in your reply had nothing to do
with his question, and neither will help him to find a solution for his
main problem.

I just did a google to find an USB to Ethernet adaptor, here's what I
found:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/usb_ethernet_adapter.html

And in the jaton.com web site I found this:

http://www.jaton.com/2003/Home.html

I think that maybe another way is to get wireless, check on this link:

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=175

Or even airport card/base...

Christopher, I hope this helps...