linux: little bit disapointing...

Olaf Olson oolson at hadleyconnection.com
Tue Sep 28 22:13:08 MDT 2004

Marc,

We now know about you, but we also know we can't troubleshoot you. What
we don't know is what computer you have, cpu, etc, what keyboard,
whether you have a keyboard that is localized for your particular region
or have a keyboard from elsewhere that is supposed to be emulating.

We also don't know if you're familiar with the middle mouse button click
that is standard on all *NIX, that pastes from a text window like a
shell to another window (highlight in first window, move cursor to
another window and click middle mouse button. No copy step required,
just implied paste. It works that way here, it should also work that way
for you, assuming you have a three button mouse.

I haven't heard of a flash plugin, as yet. If you mean who is going to
write one, or who is going to compile it from source, point to the
source and someone here will compile it, I am sure!

I'm not a hacker, just a hack. MOL worked the first time I tired it,
after following directions, of course. I have since upgraded it, updated
the YDL kernel, installed both on an old 8500 (OS9, there. Haven't tried
the patch from OtherWorld Computing to stretch it to OSX). I only
mention this so you won't lose hope.

Linux on a Mac is serious stuff. It could be better, but it could also
be a lot worse!

Olaf