G5 sound and airport

Doctor Vince doctorvin at ydl.net
Thu Oct 28 22:18:00 MDT 2004

Hi all,

Can anyone point me to a FAQ or doc regarding setup of of an Airport
Extreme wireless card and sound for YDL 4.0?  I am using a dual 2.0 GHz
G5 tower with stock sound and wireless. I have seen a few discussions
of how to set up both via Google, but the articles seemed dated and not
really apropos to what I am experiencing.

The sound issue fails on modprobe dmasound_pmac. I have gotten "no such
file or device" and "can't find a Codec we can use" as error messages.

For wireless, I am not sure the card is being detected properly. Is
there a trick to getting this to work.

TIA,

Vince