Determined, newbie Old Codger fails 3x to install YDL

Doug cybersleuth at 1screwloose.com
Wed Nov 3 19:16:28 MST 2004

For myself, I use OS-X.  The first thing when using the OS-X installation is
to partition the hard drive making Mac OS-X as the second partition.  The
primary partition should be "free space" and do not designate it ... When
you install YDL 3.0.1 it offers the choice to remove "all" partitions, all
"linux" partitions, or use "free space" which is what you want.  I'm sure
that OS-9 has the same "disk" utility.

Keep in mind that on the OS-X install you have to use the "installation
OS-X" CD to use the disk utility and yes you'll have to "reinstall" the Mac
operating system too."

For myself, my system triple boots.  The first boot prompt is OS-X and YDL.
Then OS-X will open OS-9 software when selected.  Keeps the partitions
simple.