Newbie Question(s)

Art Anderson a.andersons at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 3 10:34:45 MST 2004

I've recently installed YDL 3.0 on a G4 at work -- with the purpose of setting
this machine up as a fileserver to four other Macs.

In a nutshell -- how do I do this?

I've heard that it's rather straightforward, however, whenever I start up NFS
Server. Add a shared point, I cannot see it from any of the Macs.

Is there some documentation available re: setting up filesharing?

Also, installation of .gz or .tar files. For the life of me, I can't remember
how to uncompress them, and install them.

A little help would be appreciated.

=====
Art Andersons