Can't login successfully

Don dtownhome at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 9 12:28:36 MST 2005

Hi everyone;

Ok, I'm frustrated.

First time install (Hah! Umpteenth attempt!) of YDL 3.0.1 FINALLY
succeeded today....twice so far.

Now that its in with all the server software and goodies it wants me to
login.

I type in the carefully chosen username with the carefully chosen
password (after being uncertain what the password was the first time so I
reinstalled the whole thing the second time) to find it says "incorrect
user name or password".

Screen shows the "Welcome to localhost.localdomain" message above asking
for the Username.  I only used my first name capitalized as is most
logical and impossible to confuse.  Also during the install, I only
inserted my first name capitalized every place the info asked for a name.
 There is no way to confuse anything with anything.  Then I chose a
password that is typed only with one hand so that typos would be
minimized at 1am in the dark when I will usually want to start up.  When
inserting password I made a point to 'one finger' type to be absolutely
certain that I did not typo myself on password creation... but now... no
joy.

Yes I capitalized my name.  No I didn't capitalize my password.  No the
password didn't have any spaces, periods, or funky characters in it.

My guess is that the software wants something unusual (stupid?) like
'guest login' or something like that.

Any suggestions before I attempt to find out how well an iMac with Linux
installed can run auxilliary hardware deinstall program called "Bounce on
Concrete Driveway 4x.3"?  Probably wouldn't be a good idea though...
"Trip to hospital 1.0" is an undesirable risk unless "Steeltoedshoes 2.0"
is used prior to running the Bounce program.   *Grin

Thanks
Don