Newbie MOL question

Julie Sadler rustik at mac.com
Thu Feb 3 13:05:26 MST 2005

#1: I am a super newbie to linux, like 3 days old. So lets keep it simple,
thanx...(I am a 20 year mac user however)

We successfully loaded YDL on a bwG3 and we are attempting to MOL.
At first, we could load MOL, and it would take over the screen, denying any
access to linux. From screenshots I see on the web--I should see MOL inside
of linux.  I saw a message about KDE missing something flash on the screen
right before the machine entered X. Went to yum, and did a yum update. It
found many little pieces and downloaded them all successfully. NOW here is
the problem.
When I start MOL...i get this--NO MOL anymore:(

No mol-0.9.71 kernel modules corresponding to the running
  2.6.8-1.ydl.7 kernel were found ('startmol --list' displays
  installed version). Recompile the mol kernel modules (recommended)
  or try starting MOL as root using the '-a' switch. The '-a'
  flag can be made default by the 'allow_kver_mismatch: yes' setting.

I did startmol  -- list and got this

 Running kernel:         2.6.8-1.ydl.7
  Available modules:
    2.6.9-1.ydl.8         in /usr/lib/mol/0.9.71
    2.6.9-1.ydl.8smp-smp  in /usr/lib/mol/0.9.71
I am now lost. What do I do now?
I don't understand the -a switch. I don't know how to compile the kernel,
although I have spent 2 hours on the web reading umpteen posts. Can anyone
advise, point me to the answer on the web....Help?
Thanx.