YDL 4, problems with x window on install.

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 09:53:44 MST 2005

> > Iain McKee wrote:
> >
> > I don't know if the same will work for you, but I had the same
> problem
> > on my g3 500 imac...no matter what, I could not start xserver.
> >
> > I eventually figured out that I had to edit my XF86Config file
> with
> > nano (located /etc/X11/XF86Config)
> >
> > Then I went to the part that says Vert Refresh and Horizontal and
> > changed the # value beside Vert to: 30.5-48.5
> >

> >                            Hor to: 40-60

Try the instructions at:
<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Configuration+of+XF86Config>

What type of monitor do you have?
This is an example of the type of refreesh rate numbers that should
be in your file.  The numbers are specific to you monitor and you
should google the 'net to find the ones specific to your monitor.
---example----
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "LCD Monitor"
# HorizSync 30-94