problem installing YDL301 on mac clone Umax Pulsar

Michael Traynor mike at obliquepanic.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 16:01:40 MST 2005

Dear All,
I have been trying for evening after evening to install YDL 301 on an
old Umax Pulsar (Mac 9600 clone - i.e. an Old world machine), 604e
processor, 112 Mb RAM with 2 SCSI II disks and 2 SCSII CD drives.
I want to keep the Mac OS on one drive and the other for Linux.

Anaconda starts well via BootX and all of the components seem to be
recognised including video card, but when it gets to the Disk
Partitioning Setup it fails with this message:

File"/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py"' line 634, in nextClicked
self.dispatch.gotoNext ()
File"/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py"' line 150, in gotoNext self.moveStep ()
File"/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 215, in moveStep
rc=apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
File"/usr/lib/anaconda/partitioning.py"' line 57,
in partitionObjectsInitialiZe partitions.setfromDisk(diskset)
File"/usr/lib/anaconda/partitions.py"' line 114, in setFromDisk
ptype=fsset.fileSystemTypeGet(partedUtils.map_foreign_to_fsname(part.mac_native_type))
File"/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py"' line61, in fileSystemtypeGet return
fileSystemTypes[key]
KeyError. Foreign

I've looked on the net for solutions without success. Could it be
anything to do with the fact that this machine uses FWB disk drivers
instead of Apple ones?

Any solutions would be hugely appreciated. I've tried other Linux
distributions since but don't even get this far (another story).

thanks in advance

Michael
--
Michael Traynor

+

personal website  http://www.obliquepanic.co.uk

also

Middlesex University, School of Health and Social Sciences