problem installing YDL301 on mac clone Umax Pulsar

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 22:34:38 MST 2005

> File"/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py"' line 634, in nextClicked
> self.dispatch.gotoNext ()
> File"/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py"' line 150, in gotoNext self.moveStep ()
> File"/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 215, in moveStep
> rc=apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
> File"/usr/lib/anaconda/partitioning.py"' line 57,
> in partitionObjectsInitialiZe partitions.setfromDisk(diskset)
> File"/usr/lib/anaconda/partitions.py"' line 114, in setFromDisk
> ptype=fsset.fileSystemTypeGet(partedUtils.map_foreign_to_fsname(part.mac_native_type))
> File"/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py"' line61, in fileSystemtypeGet return
> fileSystemTypes[key]
> KeyError. Foreign
>
> I've looked on the net for solutions without success. Could it be
> anything to do with the fact that this machine uses FWB disk drivers
> instead of Apple ones?

Shouldn't be an issue, my 5400 has FWB drivers on its main HDD. Its
not like Linux is using the Classic drivers anyway.

However, what COULD be an issue is if you have a completely weird
partition layout caused by over liberal usage of FWB tools. Or
installing BeOS (it has a habit of eating partition boundaries because
it doesn't bother with them. Useful if you've only got a small
drive)...

Also, do you have any unexpected-for-Linux filesystems on your HDD?
E.g the old MacintoshFS, BFS, and the like - even FAT/32. The error
looks like it could be filesystem related.