Unable to install RPM package

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sat Mar 26 13:48:27 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 11:51, Frederick C.Lee wrote:

You installed a source rpm. That is not an actual package one can
install and use the software right off it. This would have been a
ppc.rpm file. You must compile it first then install and use.

The easiest way is to use rpmbuild: (yum can install it if not already
installed) Since you'll need write privileges in /usr/src/yellowdog/*
tree do this as root:

#] rpmbuild --rebuild qgis-0.6.0-0.src.rpm [ENTER]

This will compile the source and create ppc.rpm files(s) in
/usr/rsc/yellowdog/RPMS/ppc/ which you will install like you did with
step 3)