maintenance and disk full ?'s

Kevin McMahon butters at buttershome.com
Mon Mar 28 07:46:34 MST 2005

what are the maintenance commands that I can run via the terminal like
the ones that I can run in osx (sudo periodic weekly) fix permissions
etc? Also my disk is full all of a sudden and I am wondering where to
get rid of some files or directorys to get some more space back, in my
home directory it is only about 1 meg and am wondering where all the
files are that have filled my disk? Are there some commands to run to
get rid of some files that I no longer need? And where do I look to
delete some unimportant files. I alloted 6 gigs to ydl 4.0 and like I
said my disk is full all of a sudden... Any help is greatly
appreciated...