can't install os x?

Ray astrochess at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 28 17:02:24 MST 2005

If you are willing to completely erase your hard drive:
1. Start up into Mac OS X from the installer disk.
2. Choose Disk Utility... from the Apple menu.
3. Set up your partitions. The Mac OS X partition should be set up in
HFS+ format. For Linux, I chose "free space" in the format menu.
4. Go ahead and partition the Hard drive. This will erase all data on
the Hard disk and split it into Mac OS X and unused space.
5. Install Mac OS X.
6. Reinstall Linux. When asked where to install Linux, make the
installer use the free space you allocated.
7. Continue with the installation as normal. (Don't worry if you get
funky colors; I got the same thing on my G5. Use the control panel for
the display in the K menu.)
8. On startup, boot into Mac OS X by holding the X key. For Linux, hold
the L key. For a menu, hold the option key (The menu is much slower).