How can I share files between OS X and YDL?

joyn treework at halenet.com.au
Thu Apr 7 05:03:42 MDT 2005

G'day Doggies,

I have been following all of the instructions in this thread to try and
copy some files from my YDL partition to my OSX partition
I can mount the mac part from YDL no worries, but every time I try to
copy files over in Konqueror I get an error saying  'could not write to
mnt/hda4/macosx /blah/blah'.
I have tried the edit of the fstab file on Clints web page but this
made no difference either.
I have tried copying to both the public folder in my home folder and to
the shared users folder all to no avail.
I reckon its a permissions thing with OSX but cant change the global
permissions on the disc to allow others to write to it. chmod has got
me no where yet.

Why do we have to have these bloody permissions any way. Why cant there
just be a single user button that just ignored permissions for the
entire disc. For all those fellas out there who are the only users of
their machines it would make life so much easier, than all the nonsense
that I have been through recently.

Jonathan
The Solar Workshop
Renewable Energy & Sustainability