Help setup eth0 for Powerbook G3 Wallstreet YDL 4

Kevin Moloney kevin.moloney at colorado.edu
Sat May 7 10:57:51 MDT 2005

Hello,

I just installed YDL 4.0.1 on a Powerbook Wallstreet, using BootX for
YDL 3. All's working well but for the ethernet. On the install the
final configuration crashed (I assume on setup of the New World
bootloader).

Anyway, the ethernet works during install and on initial run as root.
As soon as I logout or reboot it is lost.

eth0 loads on boot, and unloads on shutdown. But when I open redhat-
config-network the eth0 interface is inactive. It won't activate.

I look under the device tab and see no device associated with eth0.
Should there be a hardware device there? I assume so. But I have no
idea what device to put there, what driver to use, etc.

I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.