Need help installing yellowdog linux on powerPC

Ron Barthold ron.barthold at swri.org
Thu Jun 2 17:31:41 MDT 2005

I have just acquired a 'oldworld' powerpc  and am trying to install linux on
it.  I have no experience with apple.  It boots up in OS 9.2 but the
hardware info screen  CD shows no media inserted even if I put a burned iso
image of disk one of yellowdog.  I burned it on a PC.  I have read that this
model can not boot from CD.  How else can I get it to boot up and run linux
installation without messing with the MAC OS.  Any ideas would be
appreciated.  Please email rbarthold at swri.edu with any comments.

Thanks

Ron