partitioning questions

David Froseth dfro at umich.edu
Mon Aug 8 13:18:12 MDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I tried to install YDL 4.0.1 and I ran into some problems.  First, the
automatic partitioning I used in Disk Druid changed my partitions around
in a way that concerned me.  I started out with a scene that looked like
this in the OS X Disk Utility - Partition section:

__________________
Free Space

__________________
OS X  HD

__________________
OS 9.2.2 HD
__________________

After partitioning in the YDL settup, it looked like this

__________________
Untitled

__________________
OS X HD

__________________
Untitled
__________________
Free Space

__________________
OS 9.2.2 HD
__________________
Untitled

The order of all the partitions was changed around.  YDL partitions are
mixed with Mac OS partitions and there is still a large section of free
space.  Is that normal?  I want YDL partitons to be at the top and no
free space.  Can I do that?  Is that what I should have?

Also, yaboot did not recognize the monitor of my PowerBook G4 Ti 550 Mhz
laptop, so all I get is the command line.  How could I solve this problem?

Thanks for any help from anyone.

Dave