partitioning questions

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Aug 8 14:17:25 MDT 2005

Hi Dave:
General rule in IT, never let a computer do anything like partitioning
manually unless you know exactly what it is going to do.

  Instead of trusting Disk Druid you could trust yourself to partition
your system manually and you would get then, exactly what you want and
where.

Regarding Free Space: that is the space hopefully which you created
using Apple Utility so that when it created partitions for OS9/OS X it
also created a partition called Untitled which within Linux is read as
Free Space.  That free space is divided up further following standard
instructions provided elsewhere by TSS for getting a drive ready so
that it is partitioned for YDL.  The application used to actually do
the partitioning is pdisk.  The directories which Linux uses are also
created with pdisk.  The one other application you could trust most of
the time (again if you can do it manually anyway AND you understand
what process is being automated, is the YDL installation program.  You
won't have to worry about pdisk or any other thing, just select what
you want installed.