partitioning questions

David Froseth dfro at umich.edu
Mon Aug 8 15:03:30 MDT 2005

Thanks Derick for the quick response.  It helped.  From now on I will
only do this critical setup manually.  More questions.  I understand
that the untitled spaces are linux partitions that OS X does not
recognize.  Initially when I tried to manually input the partition info
I was asked for a mount point.  The manual partitioning would not
continue unless I fill this in.  Page 5 of the "A Companion to Install
YDL" does not tell you what to do.  I want to make sure I use up all of
the free space and also put the linux partitions in front of the OS X
and OS 9 partitions.  Any explaination on how to control  the spot on
the hard drive where the partitions reside?  Thanks for any advice.  I
found some disk druid tutorials on the net which are geared to Red Hat,
I will study them to see if I can figure this out more.  Thanks again.

Dave