partitioning questions

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Aug 8 17:44:08 MDT 2005

Hi Dave:
Here is a link to a TSS page which you really do want to read before
going any farther:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/installation/
guide2.2.shtml#install

Red Hat is useful sometimes but remember they couldn't care less about
OS 9 or other non-PC partitioning schemes so the likely hood of you
finding anything other than references to detailed applications in
Linux is really, really remote.  In other words, you are in a Apple
PowerPC universe and those are the only references which are going to
be helpful.  If you wish to learn about details regarding creating
mount points within Linux and so on that is fine to use Red Hat but
they will not tell you what a MacOS partition looks like within Linux
using any application like pdisk or parted (partition editor).  The
page I found, created by TSS the makers of YDL, will!  That's what you
need.

Attention: Although the page refers to YDL 2.2, the partitioning and
mount point instructions are consistent across all versions of YDL for
Macs.  This will continue until Apple finally actually switches to
Intell and then everyone must consider to either stay with PowerPC
systems and move up to Genesi/Pegasos hardware or follow Apple or just
throw up one's hands and use PCs or Sun's or whatever else is out
there.  May a HAL 2000 anyone? :-)

Oh yes... I forgot.  After Apple switches to Intel, then maybe Red Hat
may show an interest in serving the users of the New Intel based Macs
who also want to use Linux.
That however will be a different list, probably not this one.

Best wishes...