partitioning questions

David Froseth dfro at umich.edu
Wed Aug 10 00:00:37 MDT 2005

Hi again Derick,
    I tried intalling YDL 4.0.1 and it worked!!!  I have the whole KDE
desktop working and internet, too!  Thanks for the help!  I have wanted
to try linux for a long time.
    Still the Disk Utility picture in OS X looks strange:

_______________________
Untitled                                         512 MB
_______________________
Free Space                                    18.05  GB

_______________________
OS X                                             50.56  GB

_______________________
Untitled                                          18.05  GB
_______________________
Free Space                                      50.68 GB

_______________________
OS 9.2.2                                          5.29 GB

The list to the left of this also reads:

disk0s10
OS X
disk0s12
OS 9.2.2

Is this normal?  This looks very strange to me.  The GB amounts also add
up to way more than a 80 gig drive can hold.  Thanks for any input.  And
thanks again for the help.

Dave