Apple Peforma 6200

sloopy sloopy at ydl.net
Fri Jan 6 15:17:58 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:33 -0500, Derick Centeno wrote:
> Hi James:
>  From what material exists regarding the Performa 6200, the 603 chip was
> decent in it's time.  However, according to TSS page discussing what

alot of interesting info on the 6200 from Derick here snipped out...
the only comment i have on it is:

the 603 wasnt that good of a chip, it was slow, apple put it some of the
worst designed ppc macs ever made, and should have been used for
embedded and laptop use only... other then that it was a fine PPC
chip ;')

> On Jan 5, 2006, at 7:38 PM, James Sanders wrote:
>
> > What is the latest version of Yellow Dog Linux that supports the Apple
> > Peforma 6200? I know I will have to use BootX.

as for linux on the 6200... it is a nubus based mac, and therefore
requires a nubus kernel, i am told/have read, that once you get a kernel
with nubus support a standard ppc distro will work on a 6200 (and the
other nubus ppc machines, 6100/7100/8100/5200...) and for more info
throw an eyeball around http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/

sloopy.