YDL help for my G5.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.Com
Sat Jan 28 10:00:21 MST 2006

Here are some pretty fundamental problems that I can't seem to get
around. These need to be dealt with before the problems in my last
posting are addressed:

1) I can start a root session, but YDL doesn't recognize the root
password when I try to do a command like:

$ su tail -f /var/log/messages [ENTER]

$ sudo tail -f /var/log/messages [ENTER]

$ root tail -f /var/log/messages [ENTER]

(This is when I am in a normal user session)

2) "yum check-update" returns something about some file missing in /
var/....

Cheers,

Brian