WMV9 codec for xine?

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:46:26 MST 2006

On 21/02/06, Paul Higgins <higg0008 at tc.umn.edu> wrote:

> Sorry, guys...didn't mean to ignite a flamewar!

It was nothing to do with you ;) I'd invite people to look at the list
archives if they think I was over-reacting to Derick.

> So there is no binary codec available for PPC, then?  I'm a little
confusedbecause the xine site, > and some of the documentation that came as
part of

Theres no wrapper for the Quicktime components for PowerPC, only for x86
DLL's. It could probably be implemented but would be extremely complex.

There is work on a vc1 - Microsoft's HD-DVD proposed codec - decoder in
ffmpeg, which is by and large compatible with wmv3. Any PowerPC Linux
support for WMV3 is likely to come from this.

Cian