Fwd: Does 4.1 solves or provide:

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Mar 2 18:54:54 MST 2006

Greetings Andres:

Unfortunately, your question regarding what you are looking for is
incomplete and therefore I am guessing at your meaning.

I'll attempt an intuitive approach.  First I've never found a problem
with any version of KDE in any version of YDL regarding essential
programming and network functions.  It always functioned properly and
was always available; this doesn't mean that all the fun or attractive
aspects of KDE functioned or was available (musical cues associated with
desktop events, or associated themes or screen savers, etc.).

If by "KDE awakening after going to sleep..." means the KDE screen
invoking the screensaver after a user not using the computer for a
time ... KDE reawakens very nicely if one has not set the screensaver to
lock access to the computer.

However another meaning is also possible with this phrase which is
unrelated to KDE itself; it could point to anything from a hardware
difficulty to a problem with drivers or the kernel.

There is a great difference between YDL 4.1 and prior versions of YDL;
in my view YDL 4.1 is better in every way.  However, the question of
which functions are important to you should be clarified if you write
back.

As usual in Linux, there are a variety of opinions regarding everything.

In general, YDL 4.1 functions very nicely.  However, how I use Linux may
differ in how you use it or would like to use it.

I'm sure your next query will be clearer.  However, in the meantime
perhaps this response will give you a clue one way or another.

One more thing, I have provided a link to the Terra Soft pages which
discuss which computer hardware the current version of YDL will support.
Please review it carefully:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php

Good Luck ....