printing

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Wed Jun 7 08:03:08 MDT 2006

Before you boot into Linux make sure all the printers are connected
properly and on.

Within the Gnome environment do the following:
Select the YDL symbol then look for System Settings, and select
Printing.
A dialog box will appear asking you to enter your root password (if
your Linux was set up well there should be a password for root which is
different from any password assigned to any user -- even if you are the
only user.).

After the above has been completed the Printer Configuration interface
appears.  You will note various tabs which you can open and see what
settings need to be changed or refined so that you can make the
appropriate settings.  If you select the tab Queue type, you will
notice a pop-up.  Click upon that pop-up which initially appears as
local .... something or other, and you'll find other selections
enabling to configure any networked printers according to their
respective networking parameters/requirements.

That should be it.

Good luck...