Problems installing Yellow Dog Linux onto Old World Mac

Jeffrey Rolland jrolland at softhome.net
Sun Aug 20 15:53:14 MDT 2006

Ken,

Thanks for the links. I already had both printed out, along with
<http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=249> ("how to install
YDL 4.0 on old world mac?").

I was hoping someone would have some more specific support, like what
the correct kernels to use with each of 3.0.1 and 4.0.1's Anaconda
engine is. (I have a suspicion that the kernel is part of the problem.)

Another thing I'd like to know is if I do manage to install 3.0.1 or
(heaven forbid) 2.3, is it possible to use the .iso's for 4.0 and 4.1
to update via yum or if I have to use a direct internet connection? I
have only dial-up access for the Power Mac, so updating over an
internet connection instead of CDs would be almost impossible.

Thanks for the reply.

Sincerely,
--
Jeffrey Rolland