Openoffice update.

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Sep 4 12:10:23 MDT 2006

Greetings Andres:
Usually the yum repositories have information matching the applications
(such as Open Office) which matches that version of YDL which was
officially released.  If you want something more current than the
official release (or otherwise available from using yum update or yum
check-update) you would have to go to openoffice.org  (the actual
website) and download whatever is current directly from them.

This could mean building up openoffice directly from source yourself.
The specific directions are available from with the source, and should
also be at their site.  Further questions regarding how to proceed in
compiling it should be directed to their community -- it is quite
active.  They also have a community in every language imaginable
discussing details about open office.  The open document format is a new
standard which the newer versions of open office support and understand.

I've built openoffice from source at least once; it is huge.  Hopefully
you have DSL or faster, and have good attention to detail.

Good Luck....