fsck and filesystem errors

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Sep 16 00:54:32 MDT 2006

Hi Paul:

You've got my compassion.  Stuff like this always happens when nearly
almost no one else is around... ah the wonder of it all!

To your point:
Here's a link which should be helpful for YDL 4.1 although the
instructions address an earlier version of YDL.  The only addition I
would suggest is that once you are in rescue mode run fsck (file system
check) from there.  Here's the link:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/rescue-mode.shtml

Regarding getting more information regarding this tool (fsck) or others
I've found this link below most helpful:

http://www.tldp.org/

Good Luck in resolving your problem!

Derick