Apple Custom Install

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 29 13:18:03 MDT 2007

All,

> You can select packages to include or remove after you boot into e17 for
> the first time.  The first window you come into will have what appears
> to be a menu bar.  Select the blue circular symbol of yellow dog and then:
>
> Applications --> Add/Remove Software

Having used this feature for a few hours last night to build a scaled down
node image for our new PS3 cluster, we learned that this app can be a
bit --over zealous :) It seems that in the same way that package dependencies
are followed to make certain everything is installed, it follows the
dependencies and un-installs just about everything connected with the group.

So be careful and select your packages one at a time. Avoid removing entire
groups.

kai