Where are the Repositories?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Jun 25 23:50:39 MDT 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 02:25:29 +0000
Paul Higgins <higg0008 at tc.umn.edu> wrote:

> On Monday 25 June 2007 22:07, Derick Centeno wrote:
> Could anyone post their /etc/yum.conf files for YDL 4.1 and/or YDL 5?  I'm
> still looking for more repos.  I can't seem to find a repo that has stuff
> like Synaptic, KPackage, or Nvu in it, and doing a compile from source is a
> little out of my league at the moment.
>
> Thanks,
> -PRH

Hi Paul!

I no longer have the 4.1 listings however all available YDL repos are within
the official YDL mirrors which are listed here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/downloads.shtml

Essentially just point your version of yum.conf to the repos in any mirror to
enable yum to "see" it.

Regarding YDL 5, it may be more convenient for you to use the tools available,
which means pirut or Package Manager.  Click upon the Search button, then enter:

synaptic

then press the button on the right to initiate a search for that term.  You'll
see that something with the synaptic name pops right up.

Remember that you can also click upon Browse or List

Regarding yum and accessing more of it's features, do:

$man yum

or

$info yum

Good Luck...
========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.