yellowdog-newbie Digest, Vol 34, Issue 19

Pietro Cristofoli pietro.cristofoli at univr.it
Wed Jul 4 00:41:11 MDT 2007

> 	Okeh, the login screen let me login as root.  However, running the
> command line as given [well, minus the splat] ends with:
>
> No Match for argument: wesnoth
> No Match for argument: wesnoth-tools
> No Match for argument: wesnoth-server
> Nothing to do
>
> 	It appears as if the operative phrase in the above quotation is
> "enabled in Fedora by default".  We can plainly see that it ain't
> enabled in YDL by default.  So again, if YDL is supposed to be able
> to access these repositories, i'll need to know how to configure
> things, cuz i'm getting nowhere fast.  If i was psychic, i surely
> would contact Brian Pepple.

You have to edit a Fedora-Extras.repo file with your preferred
text-editor and put it in the etc/yum.repos.d directory:

[fedora-extras]
name=Fedora Extras
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/5/ppc
gpgcheck=0
enabled=1

As stated here

http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesnothBinariesLinux

The command /yum install wesnoth wesnoth-tools wesnoth-server/ should
work once that .repo file is in place.
I've installed Wesnoth on my iBook G4 and it works really, really well
(I've also installed it on my Intel iMac under Tiger).

Here's the fedora-updates.repo file:

[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$rel
easever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released
-fc$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

So far, yum has worked pretty well with both Fedora-Extras.repo and
fedora-updates.repo ...

These are my first steps with linux so please be patient if I write
silly things ...

Pietro

--

    Pietro Cristofoli

    Università degli Studi di Verona
    SIA - Servizi Informatici di Ateneo
    Via San Francesco, 22 - 37129 Verona VR
    Area Reti
    http://www.univr.it
    https://forum.univr.it/ (Bullettin Board System)
    +39 045 802 8672
    pietro.cristofoli at univr.it

    Il presente messaggio è destinato unicamente alla persona in esso indicata; può contenere informazioni confidenziali, riservate o per destinatari particolari stabiliti dalla legge. Nel caso Voi non risultiate essere il destinatario voluto, Vi è fatto assoluto divieto di utilizzare, per via diretta o indiretta, svelare, diffondere, stampare o copiare qualsiasi parte del presente messaggio.
    This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and then erase the email.