Re: YDL2

Subject: Re: YDL2
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 11:52:01 MST

Hi,

> It was my understanding that there are some legal issues regarding the
> distribution of Sun's JDK.
>
> > latest OpenOffice, ... distribution any minute now!
>
> Keep us posted on OpenOffice... :)
>
> -Hollis

I just don't know. I do know on x86 Debian packages are available and that
Caldera ships something, and that RedHat ships IBM's jdk (don't they).
Perhaps they signed something. I do know anyone can ship the jre since it
clearly says so in the Sun license. I think Sun would love to have their jdk
out there on non-x86 since Sun does not officially support non-x86 versions,
I don't hink anyone will jump on you but I am no lawyer.

I will ask on the Blackdown mailing list just to be sure?

Thanks,

Kevin