Re: YDL2

Subject: Re: YDL2
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2001 - 10:08:04 MST

Hi Jason,

> *grin* Looking forward to that one. Need a decent Word Processing system,
> and though things like KDE's office apps work, not qutie the same thing
> (can't wait to try a version of StarOffice...)
> Cheers!
> Jason

I could really use more feedback and bug reports on my beta ppc linux build
of StarOffice/OpenOffice.

Please check out http://penguinppc.org and look for the OpenOffice 609-FU
installer and README and give it a try.

It can print if you have an Xprt server installed on your localhost (and a
printer of course). On a basic level it seems to work well but may hang upon
exit in some cases (could be glibc related).

I am still working on 613 bugs that cause word improt aborts (on many
platforms, not just ppc) and hopefully will have a 613 build in a few weeks.

Kevin