Re: no luck with Adaptec SCSI controller in 2.4.X

Subject: Re: no luck with Adaptec SCSI controller in 2.4.X
From: Kevin B. Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 17:20:25 MDT

Hi,

Are there such things as a ATA controller on a PCI card that I could add
to my B+W G3 (with ATA hard drives being so big and cheap). The B+W has
room for extra internal scsi drives that I could use to mount an ata drive?

That way I could "retire" the Quantum drive before any problems happen.

I just can't see buying scsi anymore when ata are just so darn cheap for
so much drive space. Almost anything would be better that 5400 rpm old
scsi drives.

Thanks,

Kevin