A Volunteer For Making RPMs

Subject: A Volunteer For Making RPMs
schwing@traverse.net
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 11:16:25 MDT

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) I would like to volunteer to help make RPMs for YDL. I've made a
couple RPMs that I didn't find a ppc port for on rpmfind.net, but I
think I could be of better use if I helped "maintain" updated
versions. I see a lot of requests for the newest version of ___.rpm
on the general list.

I could build/update the spec files, patch files and provide the
src.rpms for download. I'm not sure what procedures are in place
to do this, though.

Is there a list available of packages that are waiting to be
updated? or packages that need to be started?

I guess the real question would be how and where to start?

Thanks.

-Ken "wanting-to-get-involved" Schweigert