Re: Ruff Pack 0.80

Subject: Re: Ruff Pack 0.80
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 03:40:14 MST

Jack Valois's bits of Thu, 24 Feb 2000 translated to:

>So I have been a busy little puppy attempting to install everything and I am
>making good progress. I have run across some problems with dependencies
>though. Is it geerally acceptable to ignore an error like when installing
>the newt*.rpm packages it wants to replace libnewt.so.0.40 with
>libnewt.so.0.50, but there are several packeges that depend on
>libnewt.so.0.40.
>
>Can I just use the --nodepens option in this case and not brake the packeges
>that need an older version of that lib?
For all such cases I came across (don't remember all the specifics), I made
judicious use of package removal or forced package installation. If you are
reinstalling everything, most all of those dependencies should work out in
the end.

>If not, then we will need new RPMS for the following packeges: authconfig,
>kbdconfig, ntsysv, setuptool, timeconfig, Xconfigurator, and mouseconfig.
You might not want to hear this at this point, but according to the Yellow
Dog Announce list, the official version of CS 1.2 is going to be available
for download on March 1.

Jim