Re: MOL

Subject: Re: MOL
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 10:05:03 MST

Benjamin Herrenschmidt's bits of Fri, 25 Feb 2000 translated to:

>On Fri, Feb 25, 2000, Jim Cole <greyleaf@yggdrasill.net> wrote:
>
>>I just tried running MOL from the Ruff Pack 0.80 tree. It makes it to the
>>MacOS startup screen and the progress bar chugs along to about 35-40%.
>>Then I start receiving seemingly endless messages of the form..
>>
>>Unimplemented load instruction
>>
>>and
>>
>>Unimplemented store instruction
>>
>>and the load process appears to stop.
>>
>>Any idea of whether this is a MOL problem, package problem, or pilot error
>>of some sort? The machine in question is a mostly stock 99 PowerBook.
>>
>>The initial output of startmol is shown below.
>
>Which MacOS version do you use ? I suggest trying with different MacOS
>ROM images. Also try disabling the sound on MacOS first (set the volume to 0).

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am using MacOS 8.6. I tried a different ROM image and tried setting the
volume all the way down. Neither helped.

Btw, I tried subscribing to the MOL list (from the link on the Yellow Dog
site) and received the following...

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at terraplex.com.

<mol-general-digest-subscribe@lists.maclinux.com>:
ezmlm-manage: fatal: I don't accept messages at this address (inlocal and/or
inhost don't match) (#5.1.1)

Jim