Install problem...Built in PM 8600 Ethernet

Subject: Install problem...Built in PM 8600 Ethernet
From: Ned P. Ferriere (ferriere1@student.wit.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 19:08:38 MDT

I just installed the latest YDL ISO an my Power Mac 8600/250 and i can't
seem to get eth0 up...kind of a linux newbie, is there a module i'm
supppsed to add or something that makes it work with the 8600's on-board
ethernet? an another strange note, linuxconf won't save any changes i make
to the interface, always reverts to no info and manual setup, even tho i
set it to dhcp and enter the approproprate info.

Any help would be appriciated, if u need more info just ask of course. I'm
probably missing an obvious step here or something... :-)