Re: MOL 0.9.49 freezing at "Debugger Installed"

Subject: Re: MOL 0.9.49 freezing at "Debugger Installed"
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 06:10:54 MDT

>Thanks for the feedback. I tried removing Macsbug, and the situation did
>change, although perhaps not for the better. I now get a System Error
>"file system map inconsistent", instead of a freeze.

This looks like a MacOS bug. I've experienced this one on several
configurations, with or without MOL. As far as I know, resetting the MOL
PRAM, or defragmenting the disk may help. You can also try re-formatting
the system HFS+ partition and re-install a fresh MacOS. If this bug is
what I think it is, installing MacOS on an HFS standard partition may help.