Re: Appletalk

Subject: Re: Appletalk
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@uni-paderborn.de)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 13:56:04 MDT

Hello Ben!

Benjamin Herrenschmidt schrieb:

> Which mac do you have ? Mac with the gmac chipset could no to multicast
> until now, this prevented AppleTalk from working in MOL (and in Linux
> too). I've made a new driver, but didn't release it yet (I will post new
> precompiled kernels soon with the new driver). In the meantime, if you
> printer is able of using TCP/IP, you can setup your MOL for IP and use
> the Apple Desktop Printer Utility to access your printer via TCP (LPR)
>
> For file servers, if they can do AppleShare IP, then you can use the
> "Server IP address" button of the chooser to connect via IP.
>
> Ben.

I´m very keen to get this driver on my Pismo (cause old Systems crash
if I try to connect via netatalk over IP, think they need AppleTalk)
Will you send it to Paul for his stable-kernel (2.2.17?) and for his
devel-kernel (2.4.0-...ac18?), or could you send me the source for the
driver?

Thanks, bye,
    Christoph Ewering