Re: full screen mol + USB question

Subject: Re: full screen mol + USB question
From: Peter M. Bagnall (pete@surfaceeffect.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 05:11:27 MST

>Okay, I think I found the work around.
>
>What I did was allow for full screen maximization of MOL on GNUstep, along
>with
>no title bar, no resize bar, and I prevented it from excepting keyboard
>commands from GNUstep (especially cmd-w, which closes the window!). I also
>made the screen switcher stand on top so I can escape. Now I can use the
>stable implimentation of the x-mouse and still have full screen.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>MPWD

I tried to do this in WindowMaker, but the MOL window didn't have a name
under X (ie in the way the emacs window is called emacs.Emacs), so
WindowMaker couldn't store the settings. But I'm using x.x.39, which is
kinda out of date now. Will this problem go away if I upgrade? Or is there
another way of doing it.

On an unrelated point, I noticed that you can compile in USB support for
the UMAX 1220U scanner into the linux kernal. If I did this would I be able
to use the scanner under MOL or is there more to it than that? Being able
to use my printer and scanner from MOL would mean I'd basically never have
to reboot into MacOS for real, which would be fantastic. What's the state
of USB support now? If you guys are looking for things to put on the wish
list then that's my vote.

Cheers

Pete

--