Re: Back from the Brink (was: MOL ate my partition!)

Subject: Re: Back from the Brink (was: MOL ate my partition!)
From: Claus (cl.en@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 12:19:38 MST

>Can MOL run at 16bpp in console mode? Or is this a limitation?

do you remember the old 'vmode' app from linuxppc's pmac-utils?
it works only in console
$ vmode 10 8
$ vmode 10 16

or do you pass a special param. to BootX like 'video:chipsfb,cmode x,
vmode x ?'
[forgot the correct syntax]

I think MOL runs the depth it finds in the console it was told in molrc,
and which fits any mode in /etc/fb.modes..

>(hallelujah!) my 1 GB HFS+ partition, and the files all seem fine, except

good
hear.

                Claus