Re: Segmentation fault: HELP !

Subject: Re: Segmentation fault: HELP !
From: Joeri van Dooren (joeri@doit-e.net)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 15:22:02 MDT

Installed with the ibook kernel (its with the linuxppc2000),

first with xboot, but now im using yaboot,

after that i installed by own kernel (pmac-devel paulus kernel tree, with some
minor adjustments, beoucse i`ve an haupage kart, matrox instead of the ati, and
an adaptex scsi)

greetings joer-e

Quoting Erick Schmidt <eschmidt@patebonding.com>:

> Joeri:
>
> I have a dual 450 as well and have not been able to get LinuxPPC running on
> it. I have the new 15" cinema display as well.
>
> If you could, what kernel did you use and what ram.disk image as well. I
> would love to get this machine running LinuxPPC.
>
> Also, did you get MOL running yet?
>
> Thanks a ton for your help.
>
> Erick
> eschmidt@patebonding.com
>
> > From: Joeri van Dooren <joeri@doit-e.net>
> > Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 22:12:42 +0200
> > To: mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
> > Subject: Segmentation fault: HELP !
> >
> > Yesterday i received a brand new mac g4 dual,
> >
> > installed mac os 9, installed ppclinux 2000, xfree 4, and mol latest
> release
> > mol-0.9.50
> >
> > i know dat smp is not for production use, so i compiled a paulus 2.2.17
> kernel
> > without smp but with mol patches (altough it seems that the behavior
> without
> > the patches is the same)
> >
> > what happens,
> >
> > Using resource file '/etc/molrc'
> > MODE: blah blah
> > Starting in 640x480
> > Ethernet sheep
> > OSI SCSI DISABLED
> >
> > HFS DISK
> >
> > osi_sound opended
> > Mapping GC at 80800000
> > Starting emulation....
> >

> > then a screen pop us in X and pos out
> >
> > after this i get:
> > SIGNAL segmentation fault in thread main-thread
> >
> > cleaning up....
> >
> > and that`s it
> >
> > can someone help me ?
> >
> > greetings joer-e
> >
> > (a brand new ppc/linux user)
> >
> > ---------------------
> > [ N: Joeri van Dooren ]
> > [ J: Technical Expert ]
> > [ E: joeri@doit-e.net ]
> > [ C: DO IT-E International ]
> > [ W: http://doit-e.net ]
> > [ A: Skaldenstraat 121 D2 B-9042 Gent ]
> > [ M: 32(0)486 645 307 ]
> > [ F: 32(0)70 70 30 80 ]
> >
> > ------------------
> > Reduce e-mail infrastructure and support costs! Free up
> > resources and focus on you core business! DO IT-E ASP
> > services: e-mail outsourcing for professionals.
> > http://send-e.net/info

[ N: Joeri van Dooren ]
[ J: Technical Expert ]
[ E: joeri@doit-e.net ]