Re: LPR from Mac... halfway solved.

Subject: Re: LPR from Mac... halfway solved.
From: Eduard Hoenkamp (hoenkamp@acm.org)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 11:50:06 MST

I am one step further: my problem witht the error -5750 is solved.
Apparently in the printer setup the option "Always Download Needed
Fonts" should be de-selected. This info I found at the HP site
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpm01235.html

No error message anymore, and I see my printjob actually being spooled
to the other machine. But the job does not materialize to actual print.
I will study all the advice I got so far (thanks Samual, David, Ewen, &
Shapiro), and will let you know when I get the second half of the
problem solved.
Eduard.