MOL extensions

Subject: MOL extensions
From: John Hancock (jt_hancock@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 17:37:40 MST

Because I don't understand MOL that well, I was
wondering whether or not it mattered if I deleted some
of the extensions in the system folder running MOL. I
mean, are those the same extensions that I get if I
boot Mac o/s "straight up". Because for one thing, I
can't start MOL without holding down the shift key
while starting; otherwise, the CD driver gets hung up
or I get too impatient, and the bootprocess never gets
any further than that. So if I just delete that
extension like a barbarian, then am I going to be
kicking myself for doing something stupid? my rear is
already so sore from that. Besides, I thought it was
a decent question because it would belp me understand
MOL a little better. Of course I could just back the
friggen' extension up and try it myself, but I was
hoping for a little better insight into MOL, and why
it's hanging if it tries to load the CD rom extension.
I think it has something to do with the fact that
Linux already owns various devices on the system when
I start MOL, so certain drivers find some devices
(like the Ethernet card too) unavailable. Am I
completely off base? Do I write like I have done some
Free Base? Bully! All I care about is getting down to
the nuts and bolts of things.
Sincerely,
      John Hancock
P.S. I am running Yellow Dog Champion Server 1.2,
kernel 2.2 on a iMac rev 1 with a 750 chiparoo, and
I'm down with Fu Manchu - but he don't know you.