Solution, at least for me (was: MOL networking broken on recent kernels?)

Subject: Solution, at least for me (was: MOL networking broken on recent kernels?)
From: Jens Schmalzing (jens@tac.dk)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 14:03:06 MST

Hi,

Scott Hankin writes:

> Scanning the list has lead me to confirm what I've discovered on my
> own; that 2.4.0 doesn't work with MOL networking. I've tried to set
> this up using methods that worked in the past, but to no avail. Has
> anyone else succeeded where I have failed?

Well, my problem is solved now. It turned out to be very simple: I
built and installed glibc 2.2.1 against the new kernel, then rebuilt
and reinstalled MOL against the new glibc. After that, I simply
configured a dummy device:

 ifconfig dummy0 inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.0.0 arp broadcast 192.168.0.0

enabled masquerading:

 iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE

and put:

 netdev: dummy0 -sheep

into /etc/molrc. There I was.

Thanks to everybody who replied. And special thanks to Martin
Constabel for also pointing out a typo in my .sig.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!